A:May, look, what's that in the cage?
阿美,快看,那個籠子里的是什么啊?
B:Don't you know that? It's panda.
你不認識嗎?是熊貓啊。
A:Of course I know. I just can't see it very well.
我當然知道了,我只是看不清楚而已。
B:OK, then put on your glasses, and do you know what does the panda eat?
那就把你的眼鏡戴上,那你知道熊貓吃什么嗎?
A:Of course, Bamboo!
當然知道了,吃竹子啊!
B:That's right.
嗯,對。
A:I also know they are given to other countries as gifts for friendship.
我還知道他們被當作象征友好的禮物送給其他國家。
B:You sound quite knowledgeable.
你還很博學啊。
A:Not really, panda is my favorite animal.
也不是啦,熊貓是我最喜歡的動物。
B:Actually, it likes milk too.
事實上,它也喜歡喝牛奶。
A:Any way, in a word, panda is our friend.
不管怎么樣,總的來說,熊貓是我們的朋友。
B:Do you know other famous animals in the world?
那你還知道世界上其他的一些有名的動物嗎?
A:Yeah, let me think, the kangaroo and koala bear from Australia are very famous.
讓我想想啊,澳大利亞的袋鼠和考拉熊都很出名。
B:That's right. OK, let's move on.
對啊,我們走吧。
注釋:
cage n. 籠子
panda n. 熊貓
bamboo n. 竹子
country n. 國家
friendship n. 友誼
favorite adj. 最喜歡的
knowledgeable adj. 知識淵博的
milk n. 牛奶
kangaroo n. 袋鼠
koala bear n. 考拉熊