A:Do you believe in UFOs?
你相信有不明飛行物嗎?
B:Of course, they are out there.
當然了,它們就在那兒呢。
A:But I never saw them.
但是我從來就沒有看見過啊。
B:Are you stupid? They are called UFOs, so not everybody can see them.
你笨吧你,他們叫做不明飛行物,所以不是每個人都能看到的啊。
A:You mean that you can them.
那你的意思就是說你能看見。
B:That's right. I can see them in my dreams.
對啊,我在夢中看到他們。
A:They come to the earth?
它們要到我們地球上來嗎?
B:No. Their task is to send the aliens here from the outer space.
不是。它們的任務(wù)是把外星人從太空送到地球上來。
A:Aliens from the outer space? Do you talk to them? What do they look like?
從外太空來的外星人嗎?那你和他們說話了嗎?它們都長什么樣子啊?
B:OK, OK, one by one, please! They look like robots, but they can speak. Their mission is to make friends with human beings.
好,好,打住,一個一個問好嗎?他們看起來就像是機器人,但是他們會說話,他們的使命就是和我們地球人做朋友。
A:That means that you talk to them? In which language?
那就是說你們對話了?用哪種語言呢?
B:Of course in English, they learn English on Mars too.
當然是用英語,他們在火星上也學英語的。
A:Wow. Sounds fantastic!
哇噻!聽起來太不可思議了。
注釋:
believe vt. 相信,信任
stupid adj. 笨的
alien adj. 外國的,相異的
space n. 空間
mission n. 使命
Mars n. 火星
fantastic adj. 難以相信的
UFO= unidentified flying object 不明飛行物